This event has been marked mature level 1 due to the following, "sexual".
Conversations with the Dead is a Halloween event that will take the audience members for an incredible trip through the experiences of one the most well known paranormal investigators and one of the most renowned psychics. Join Ryan Buell and Chip Coffey for an amazing night where the two will share their most disturbing cases, their hilarious moments and inspiring stories from the investigations of A&E's Paranormal State. This one-night event serves as a reunion of two incredible individuals for the first time on the same stage in over 4 years.
The event will be very interactive, with two, unique stage setups. The stage will be dressed to fit the occasion, decorated like a haunted Victorian house. One side will be more relaxed whereas the other will recreate a seance room. The first part of the stage will serve as a backdrop for Ryan and Chip as they share their most frightening (and famous) encounters with the unknown, including demonic possession, violent hauntings, their first experiences and much more. The second part of the event (on the seance room side) will have Chip Coffey randomly selecting audience members to perform a live psychic reading. He will attempt to communicate with departed loved ones and much more! They will regularly take questions from the audience, with the last thirty minutes dedicated to a Q&A.
Right in time for the Halloween season, the event will occur on the evening of Sunday, October 27th, 2013.
NOTE (10/11/2013 @ 1:00pm EST): Currently we are sold out of both the GOLD and SILVER VIP passes. If you are interested in obtaining
SILVER passes, you can be put on a waitlist to see if any become available.
With a mixture of stories from their first case together, to their most heartbreaking moments, from their most frightening experiences, to their comedic debacles, the audience will hear in more detail of what wasn't shown during "Paranormal State," as well as never-before-heard tales of their experiences such as:
- Growing Up Haunted/Growing Up Psychic: At long last, Buell will share a bit more information about his childhood haunting, including never-before-seen childhood photos and videos from the time he experienced the supernatural, and ultimately led him to become a full-time paranormal investigator. Chip, who also had experiences early on in his life, will also discuss what it was like to grow up psychic and to hear the voices of the dead.
- Most Disturbing Encounters: From Chip witnessing a case of possession while working in a mental health hospital (and seeing a patient's head turn completely around) to Ryan's work with the Catholic Church to investigate demonic hauntings, they will share their most frightening encounters that made them both believe... there is something evil in this world.
- Experiences Together: Chip and Ryan will talk about experiences that happened behind the camera while working on "Paranormal State," including a frightening experience that happened to them both after investigating the "Pet Cemetery" case, the aftermath of "The Name" and "I Am Six Parts I & II."
About the Location
Garner Performing Arts Center
The presentation will be held at the Garner Performing Arts Center, which is conveniently located 15 minutes from downtown Raleigh, NC. With the goal of preserving the arts and being a service to the community of Garner, the presentation will be a perfect fit this Halloween for preserving the idea there are some things that go bump in the night.
Ryan Buell founded the Paranormal Research Society the first month he arrived on Penn State campus in September 2001. Buell has been interested in the paranormal since he could read. He regularly checked out books from the library ranging from poltergeists to the Bermuda Triangle. A native of Sumter, South Carolina, Buell began investigating at the age of 15. His first investigation was on the Salem-Black River Church just outside of his hometown.
Buell was offered a series (”Paranormal State”) in 2006 that would document his and PRS’s investigations in to the unknown. Five seasons and 84 episodes later, “Paranormal State” was an international hit. Buell served as co-executive producer for season five, and later announced it would be his last season on the show. Buell serves as co-creator and co-executive producer of “The Ghost Prophecies,” as well as co-executive producer for the film, “American Ghost Hunter.”
He has also authored a best-seller, "My Journey Into the Unknown," which gives readers on a more in-depth understanding of the investigations during "Paranormal State." His latest book comes out next year.
Some personal health complications have caused him to take a year long hiatus. He is now recovering and this will be his debut appearance since the long break.
Chip Coffey is an internationally acclaimed psychic, medium, paranormal investigator, speaker and writer. He is the great-grandson of famed Native American medicine woman Minnie Sue Morrow Foster. His psychic abilities manifested themselves when he was a young child and, after successful careers in traditional counseling, the entertainment industry and travel management, he began working full-time as a psychic and medium in 2001. Since that time, he has conducted thousands of readings for clients all around the world.
Chip hosted Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal, a one hour documentary pilot, followed by three seasons of the groundbreaking series that aired on both A&E and Biography. Psychic Kids aired in numerous international markets, including Canada, Mexico, the UK, Central America, South America, Australia and Norway.
Chip was featured on thirty-one episodes of the popular A&E Network series, Paranormal State. He also appeared twice on the popular CNN television show, Larry King Live, and has been featured on Haunted Collector, Real Fear: The Truth Behind More Movies, Good Morning America, Nightline, CBS's Sunday Morning, Tyra (with Tyra Banks), Entertainment Tonight and The Insider.
Articles that Chip has written have appeared in regional and national publications. His first book, Growing Up Psychic, was published by Random House in 2012.
Sunday October 27th, 2013
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM - Gold VIP Private Dinner
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Gold and Silver VIP Reception / Meet and Greet
8:00 PM - 9:30 PM - Premiere Presentation
9:30 PM - 10:00 PM - Q&A
Lecture Pass - $39.95
The 1 ½ hour lecture will start from the beginning of how Ryan Buell and Chip Coffey came into each others lives. It will then take you on an incredible journey of unexplained experiences, hysterical antics and the adventures the two shared during "Paranormal State." There will also be time left after the lecture for a Q&A from the audience. Purchase your tickets online to save $10. Tickets may be purchased at the door, depending on availability, for $50.
Silver VIP Pass - $99.95
Meet Ryan & Chip Before The Show With A Special VIP Experience. The Silver VIP Pass includes one ticket for the lecture plus access to a special VIP Meet-And-Greet before the show, An Autograph & Picture with Ryan and Chip, and Priority Seating! Get access to the speakers before the lecture with the VIP Reception package! VIP ticket holders get first-seating priority for the lecture, as well as a private VIP Q&A before the event. Every VIP member will get an opportunity to meet Ryan Buell and Chip Coffey, as well as get autographs/photos. VIP Reception will last for 1 ½ hours. The lecture pass is included in the package. (Only 40 Ticket Available)
Gold VIP Pass - $199.95
The Ultimate Experience. Only 10 Tickets Available! Sit down with Ryan and Chip and enjoy an evening dinner before the show. Since there are only 10 tickets, this will be a private, intimate experience. The Gold VIP Pass also includes one lecture ticket and all the Silver VIP Pass amenities such as the VIP Meet-And-Greet, Priority Seating and more! This exclusive package offers a personal session with you and a few others, with Ryan Buell and Chip Coffey. Join the two for a private dinner* before the event begins and where you can pick their brains, share your personal paranormal experiences and laugh over your favorite "Paranormal State" moments. This also includes the lecture, the meet & greet, the private VIP Q&A before the event, and a photograph/autograph session. You will be notified on where the dinner well be held by email a week before the the event. (Only 10 Tickets Available)
*Dinner cost is not included in the package
Please be sure to read and agree to the waiver before purchase. All sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. If you have any questions you can email, email@example.com and one of the PRS members will get back to you as soon as possible. Also, please note that PRS Event Credits are not applicable for this event.
By signing up for an event with the Paranormal Research Society (“PRS”) to Conversations With The Dead on October 27, 2013, the participant agrees as follows:
I. Refund policy.
All tickets are non-refundable except as provided below.
A refund will be issued if PRS, in its sole discretion, cancels the event due to unforeseen circumstances. PRS is not responsible for any further expenses, losses, or liability incurred by the participant due to cancellation of the field trip.
A credit towards a future PRS event in the amount of the ticket value will be issued if the field trip is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances OR on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of PRS if the participant is unable to attend a field trip due to an unforeseen illness or family emergency. Under any of the above circumstances, PRS shall issue a voucher which can be redeemed as credit towards a future PRS event. PRS reserves the right to cancel this policy at any time without advance notice. PRS is not responsible for any further expenses, losses, or liability incurred by the participant due to postponement of the event or the participant’s inability to attend the event.
Tickets are only transferable to another participant if the following conditions are met:
1. The original ticket purchaser notifies PRS within 24 hours of the transfer of the name and contact information of the transferee; AND
2. PRS, in its sole discretion, approves the transferee to participate in writing; AND
3. The transferee signs the Anticipatory Waiver of and Release from Liability document; AND
4. The transferee accepts the within terms.
Failure to follow the above conditions relating to transferability renders the ticket voidable.
III. Event schedule/itinerary.
The participant acknowledges and understands that the field trip schedule/itinerary (including, inter alia, guest speaker appearances) is subject to change, based on both foreseen and unforeseen circumstances. Changes in the event schedule/itinerary shall not give rise to a refund or credit of the ticket price and/or any other expenses, losses, or liability incurred by the participant.
IV. Requirements for participation.
1. All participants must be at least 18 years of age OR if under 18 years of age, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian AND agree to the following terms:
A. Parent or legal guardian must notify PRS that he or she intends to accompany a minor on the field trip within 24 hours of the ticket purchase; AND
B. Parent or legal guardian must provide a valid, government-issued identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, etc.) at the time of the field trip, which PRS, at its sole discretion, may copy; AND
C. Parent or legal guardian must sign an acknowledgment providing that he or she is granting permission for the minor to participate in the field trip activities; AND
D. Parent or legal guardian must sign the Anticipatory Waiver of and Release from Liability document on the minor’s behalf.
2. Due to the nature of the field trip, pregnant women and individuals with serious medical and/or mental illness are advised not to attend any PRS field trip. Any participant with such conditions assumes the attendant risk and holds PRS harmless in connection therewith.
V. Code of conduct.
The participant agrees to abide by the following code of conduct while participating in the PRS field trip:
1. The participant shall not stalk, harass, or annoy other participants, PRS members, guests, and/or any production crew; AND
2. The participant shall not engage in unwanted sexual behavior/conduct directed toward other participants, PRS members, guests, and/or any production crew. This shall include, inter alia, inappropriate touching and sexually explicit remarks; AND
3. The participant shall not be visibly inebriated; AND
4. The participant shall treat other participants, PRS members, guests, and/or any production crew with respect and shall conduct himself or herself in a mature and appropriate manner at all times while on the field trip; AND
5. The participant shall not engage in verbal and/or physical altercations with other participants, PRS members, guests, and/or any production crew.
Violation of any of the above conditions will result in immediate expulsion from the field trip and will preclude the participant from attending future PRS events. No refunds or credits will be issued to any participant who is expelled from a field trip due to violation of the above conditions.
VI. Food and alcoholic beverages.
PRS may serve food at its field trips. Additionally, the participant may bring his or her own food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages, provides that the participant is at least 21 years old). In connection with this, the participant agrees to the following conditions:
1. PRS shall not be obligated to provide food and/or beverages to participants. PRS may, its sole discretion, choose to provide the same to participants, but PRS shall not be required to do so. The participant is ultimately responsible for ensuring that he or she has sufficient food and/or beverages for the field trip; AND
2. PRS shall not be liable for any bodily harm, injuries, property damages, and/or other damage which results from the consumption of alcoholic beverages by participants, PRS members, guests, and/or any production crew during the field trip, whether said alcoholic beverages are supplied by a PRS member, a participant, or another source. The participant assumes any such risk and holds PRS harmless in the event of the same; AND
3. PRS shall not be liable for any harm which results from the consumption of any food which it provides. The participant assumes any such risk and holds PRS harmless in the event of the same.
The participant acknowledges and understands that he or she is responsible for the provision of the following during the field trip and that PRS shall not be responsible for the provision of the same:
1. Transportation to and from the field trip location
3. Camping supplies and gear (including, inter alia, tents and sleeping bags)
4. Food and beverages
5. Toiletries and personal hygiene supplies
6. Medical and safety supplies
VIII. Stolen or damaged items.
PRS shall not be liable for any items belonging to the participant which are stolen or damaged during the field trip. The participant assumes any such risk and holds PRS harmless in the event of the same.
IX. Name, photograph, and likeness.
The participant agrees that PRS may use his or her name, photograph, and/or likeness in its television show and/or advertising or promotional materials. The participant agrees to waive any and all claims for remuneration for such use.
Sorry, you missed Conversations With The Dead... at Garner Historic Auditorium.
Demand that Garner Historic Auditorium gets added to the next tour!Demand it!
Sorry, you missed Conversations With The Dead... at Garner Historic Auditorium.
Demand that Garner gets added to the next tour!Demand it!
You missed Conversations With The Dead... at Garner Historic Auditorium.
We're generating custom event recommendations for you based on Conversations With The Dead... right now!